This Potato Leek Salad is a dressed-up potato salad that's easy to make, and bursting with flavor from fresh herbs and a homemade vinaigrette dressing.
If you're tired of the same old-fashioned potato salad recipes, you've come to the right place!
This jazzed up version is just loaded with flavor from fresh veggies, tangy artichokes, and a homemade dressing. It's light and refreshing, and perfect for summertime cookouts.
It's great with grilled dishes (grab some vegan grilling ideas here), and works really well as a potluck dish too.
If you love this potato leek salad, be sure to check out these other delicious vegan ideas:
- Best Traditional Vegan Potato Salad
- Curried Potato Salad
- Best Vegan Pasta Salads
- 25+ Vegan Tailgate Recipes
Potato Leek Salad
- 4 potatoes red-skinned or Yukon gold, scrubbed, about 2 pounds
- 2 leeks large, white and palest green parts only
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces Marinated artichoke hearts halved or quartered, jarred, with a little of their liquid
- 1 red bell pepper cut into narrow, 1-inch strips
- 1 cup green peas frozen or fresh
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 scallions green parts only, thinly sliced, or several minced fresh chives
- fresh dill or parsley finely chopped, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons toasted sunflower seeds
- Cook or microwave the potatoes in their skins until done but still firm. When cool enough to handle, but still warm, cut in approximately ¾-inch chunks. Place in a serving bowl.
- Trim the leeks and cut in half lengthwise. Cut ¼-inch thick crosswise, then rinse well in a colander. Separate the rings and mix them up a bit with your hands, to make sure you get rid of all the grit.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or steep-sided stir-fry pan along with ¼ cup water. Add the leeks, then cover and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add a bit more water if the skillet gets dry; on the other hand, if any liquid remains, drain it off.
- Add the leeks, artichoke hearts, bell pepper and peas to the bowl with the potatoes.
- In a separate small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Whisk to combine.
- Add enough vinaigrette to moisten the potato mixture (I used about ⅓ cup). Reserve the rest for another recipe or add more to taste when serving.
- Stir in the scallions, dill or parsley, and sunflower seeds. Season with salt and pepper and stir together gently and thoroughly. Serve at once or let stand at room temperature until needed.