This simple vegan pasta salad is easy to throw together in just 15 minutes. It's loaded with fresh veggies and tossed with a flavorful vinaigrette.
This veggie-filled pasta salad is always a crowd-pleaser. Broccoli, carrots, yellow squash, briny olives and sun-dried tomatoes make this a colorful dish that's loaded with flavor.
This is a great choice for a vegan potluck recipe or any of those weather occasions. Perfect for a summer cookout! This is one of my go-to recipes anytime I need to feed a large group of people.
This vegan pasta salad is:
- Ready in just 15 minutes!
- Loaded with fresh, healthy veggies
- Great for serving a crowd
So let's get cooking!
Tips, Tricks, & Variations
To keep this recipe quick and easy, we used a packaged Italian Vinaigrette. I love this one from Garlic Expressions, but you can use any brand that you prefer.
Mix up the Veggies
This pasta salad will work with just about any fresh veggies, so feel free to use whatever is in season near you! Cauliflower and zucchini are great choices, or toss in some canned artichoke hearts before serving.
Photos by Evan Atlas.
Vegan Pasta Salad
- 10 to 12 ounces tricolor or whole-grain rotini or other twisty pasta
- 2 broccoli crowns large, cut into bite-size pieces and florets
- 3 carrots medium, peeled and sliced on the diagonal
- 1 cup yellow summer squash diced
- ½ cup black or green olives sliced
- 1 red bell pepper medium, cut into narrow strips
- 15 ounce kidney beans canned, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill minced
- ½ cup vinaigrette dressing homemade or prepared, plus extra as needed
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in plenty of rapidly simmering water until al dente. Once it's just about done, plunge the broccoli, carrots, and squash into the water and cook for another minute or so.
- Drain and rinse the pasta and vegetables under cool running water in the colander, then drain well again.
- Combine the pasta and vegetable mixture and all the remaining ingredients in a large serving bowl, and toss well. Let stand for a few minutes, then taste to see if you need more vinaigrette, lemon juice, and/or salt and pepper.
- Serve at once or cover and refrigerate until needed.