Double-Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
Thanksgiving isn’t the same without Pumpkin pie. But if you’re looking for something different and delicious that your guests willl go crazy over, you’ve found it. Contributed by Susan Voisin (reprinted by permission of the author).
Makes 8 slices
- 8 ounces Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
- 12 ounces light ﬁrm silken tofu (or extra-ﬁrm)
- 1/2 cup agave nectar (or sugar)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons rum (optional)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar or natural sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh (please!) nutmeg
- 1 pre-made 8-inch graham cracker crust
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Put the ﬁrst set of ingredients (Toffuti through vanilla) in a food processor and puree until completely smooth. It should be silky smooth–not chalky or lumpy.
Remove a cup of this mixture from the processor and spread it in the bottom of the crust.
Add the next set of ingredients (pumpkin through nutmeg) to the ingredients remaining in the food processor and process until well blended. Smooth it care- fully over the white layer in the crust, heaping it slightly in the middle. Bake until the center is almost set, about 50-60 minutes. (Insert a toothpick. If it comes out liquidy and cold, give it more time, until the center is ﬁrm.)
Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 3 hours. Serve to delighted guests (don’t tell them it’s vegan, and they won’t know!).
Visit Susan at the FatFree Vegan Kitchen.
- Here are more recipes and menu ideas for a Vegetarian and Vegan-Friendly Thanksgiving.
- Explore more of VegKitchen’s Easy Vegan Cakes and Pies.
One comment on “Double-Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake”
Pingback: Vegetarian Thanksgiving Recipes | HealthyMamaInfo