Mixed Olives and Spinach Pizza
Olives add great flavor to a traditional pizza, and a generous dose of baby spinach makes it healthier.
Serves: 3 to 4
- One 12- to 14-inch good-quality pizza crust
- 1 cup good-quality marinara or pizza sauce
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups grated vegan mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green olives
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives
- 2 to 3 big handfuls of clean baby spinach
Preheat the oven to 425º F.
Place the crust on a pan, spread the sauce evenly over it, and sprinkle with the cheese and olives.
Bake until the cheese is bubbly, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with the spinach and return to the oven just until it wilts down, which should take less than a minute. Remove from the oven, let stand for 2 to 3 minutes, and cut into 4 or 6 wedges to serve.
Tip: Since I don’t have a pizza stone and pizza wheel, I often cut the crust with kitchen sheers even before putting the toppings on. Makes it so much easier to deal with when it comes out of the hot oven!
Variation: Make this a white pizza by replacing the red sauce with pureed silken tofu.
- Explore more of VegKitchen’s Easy Pizza Recipes.
- Find more of VegKitchen’s Vegan Dinner Recipes and Pizza Dinner Recipes.