Laura’s Date-Nut Truffles
If you’re in need of a fuss-free, healthy dessert that will impress guests, look no further. Laura Theodore, the “Jazzy Vegetarian,” created this simple yet decadent-tasting treat for just such an occasion. This treat is gluten-free, oil-free, quick, and easy. Contributed by Ann Oliverio, from Crave, Eat, Heal: Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes to Satisfy Every Appetite* reprinted with permission © 2015 Front Table Books.
- 8 large Medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- 3 heaping tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded dried coconut
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Line a small baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Put the dates, cashews, walnuts, and coconut in a high-speed blender and process to the consistency of soft dough.
- Transfer the date mixture to a medium bowl. Spoon out a heaping tablespoon of the date mixture, and roll it into a ball.
- Put the cocoa powder in a small bowl. Roll each truffle in the cocoa powder until coated and place on the prepared sheet.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour. Covered tightly and stored in the refrigerator, leftover truffles will keep for about 3 days.