The refreshing duo of pineapple and oranges will perk up your taste buds during winter’s long fruit drought. It’s easy enough to make as a snack, and elegant enough to serve as dessert. If you want to end a holiday dinner with a lighter dessert, this is a nice choice. It also makes a fabulous fruity finish for a casual brunch. Photos by Hannah Kaminsky.
- 2½ to 3 cups fresh pineapple chunks (or one 20-ounce can unsweetened
- pineapple chunks), well drained
- 4 clementines or other small seedless oranges, peeled and sectioned
- ½ cup raisins, or dried cranberries, cherries, or blueberries
- 6-ounce container nondairy (soy or coconut) vanilla or pineapple yogurt
- Coconut flakes
- Toasted slivered or sliced almonds
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a serving container and stir together.
- Serve in individual dessert bowls, sprinkling each serving with optional topping or toppings of choice.
- Here are more recipes for fruity compositions.