Arugula Salad with Jicama, Blood Orange, and Raspberry Vinaigrette
This sweet, tart, and crunchy salad featuring arugula, jicama, and blood oranges is almost too pretty to eat. It goes well with a savory soup. Recipe and photo from Raw and Simple Detox by Judita Wignall, @2015 Quarry Books, reprinted by permission.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed if necessary
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar
- 3 to 4 leaves basil, chopped
- 3 blood oranges or regular oranges
- 3 cups arugula, loosely packed
- 2 cups julienned iicama
- ⅓ cup raw walnuts, soaked and chopped
- Blend all the dressing ingredients until smooth.
- Remove the rind, pith, membrane, and seeds of oranges.
- Toss the salad ingredients in a large bowl and then drizzle with the dressing.
Note: Plan ahead by soaking raw walnuts for 4 to 6 hours, then rinsing and draining.
- See more of VegKitchen’s raw and almost-raw recipes.
*This post contains affiliate links. If the product is purchased by linking through this review, VegKitchen receives a modest commission, which helps maintain our site and helps it to continue growing!