Here's a comprehensive listing of VegKitchen's easy and healthy vegan kale recipes. Kale is one of the hottest food trends going these days, and since it's one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet, VegKitchen is all to happy to jump on the bandwagon. Not only is kale super healthy, it's also extremely versatile. And once you know how to tease out its best qualities, it's quite tasty as well. If the recipes listed below aren't enough for you, or you prefer your recipes in book form, you can also explore Nava's book, Wild About Greens.
Skillet Dishes and Pilafs
- Spicy Thai Braised Kale and Tofu
- Creamy Tofu Scramble with Kale and Pumpkin or Butternut Squash
- Sautéed Kale with Tahini Lemon Sauce
- Dilip’s Lime Jerk Seitan and Kale
- Stir-Fried Greens with Napa Cabbage and Tofu
- Stir-Fried Sesame Kale and Red Cabbage
- Black Rice with Black-Eyed Peas and Greens
- Festive Kale with Fennel, Cranberries, and Walnuts
- Tempeh, Kale, and Sweet Potato Skillet
- Red Quinoa Pilaf with Kale and Corn
- Simple Kale and Quinoa Pilaf
Pastas and Noodles
- Cold Sesame-Ginger Soba Noodles and Greens
- Pasta, Greens, and Beans with Creamy Cashew Sauce
- Pasta with Celery, Kale, and Walnut Gremolata
- Pasta with Greens, Chickpeas, and Olives
- Noodles with Peanut Sauce, Broiled Kale, and Butternut Squash
- Kale, Quinoa, and Artichoke Salad
- Cranberry Kale Salad
- Southwestern-Flavored Kale Salad
- Raw Massaged Kale Salad
- Raw Sweet Potato and Kale Salad with Coconut-Lime Dressing
- Kale Salad with Cherries and Lime Dressing
- Raw Mediterranean Kale Salad
- Fruity Kale Salad
Soups and Stews
- Puree of Spring or Summer Greens
- White Bean and Kale Stew with Fennel and Vegan Sausage
- Tuscan White Beans with Winter Greens Soup
- Kale, Yellow Squash, and Sweet Potato Stew
Snacks, Appetizers, and Sides
- Basic Baked Kale Chips
- Chickpea and Kale Sandwich Spread or Salad
- Pizza Kale Chips
- Salt and Vinegar Kale Chips
- Kale and Cabbage Slaw
- Sautéed Lemony Kale
- Simple Garlicky Greens
- Italian-Style Greens
- Greens with Black-Eyed Peas
- Kale and Cabbage Colcannon
Janet MacDonald says
I have a difficult time trying to figure out how much "1 kale leaf" really is? I buy bags of curly kale that are fairly stripped of stalks. If a recipe calls for 2 kale "leaves", how many cups is that,or grams, or ounces?
Hi Janet — this is a good question! Fortunately, in most recipes, the amount of kale that goes in is pretty flexible. In a lot of recipes, not just on VegKitchen, for example, "a bunch" of kale is called for. So vague!That being the case, the answer is to use as much or as little kale as you'd like. I would say 1 kale leaf, chopped, would be about 1/2 cup. A bunch, about 8 to 10 ounces. This is not set in stone, though I hope it helps!
Noushin Kananian says
It looks very delicious and healthy!
Thank you for putting this down. I have been looking for a good kale salad recipe recommendation that involves Kale for some of my Chiropractic patients to put out to them this week since it is Thanksgiving week. I appreciate you putting this out. I hope it turns out well for them. Thanks!
My staff has been looking for some healthy alternatives and recipes. This is going to be great. We all got together and are going to come together with a different recipe. I am excited Thank you for this.
These are WONDERFUL!
PLEASE tho check the links -- I was excited to see the raw massages kale salad and share with a budding vegan but that link currently leads to a mushroom barley soup...?