With the dearth of fruits in winter, bananas and pineapple are a good standby. Both fruits are rich in vitamins and minerals, and their flavors are quite companionable. The optional coconut yogurt makes a thicker, richer-tasting smoothie.
Serves: 2 to 3
- 1 large ripe banana, broken into several pieces
- 1 cup orange juice, preferably fresh
- 1 to 1 ½ cups pineapple chunks, preferably fresh
- One 6-ounce container vanilla coconut yogurt, optional
- ½ cup vanilla nondairy milk
- 1 to 2 tablespoons your favorite superfood (hemp
or chia seeds, pea protein, etc.)
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and process until smoothly pureed. Or place in a container and process with an immersion blender. Serve at once in tall glasses.
- Enjoy more of VegKitchen’s fruit smoothies.
Jen @ Lita's World says
Love it! Delicious!
I will try this cant wait
Sounds delicious can't wait to try it
Hilary Farquharson says
So good 🙂 great breakfast! So refreshing